Your kids will start their day by going with you into the big church. They will sit with you during the first part of the service while we sing worship songs, take communion, pray, etc. Then right before the sermon, the Pastor will announce, “It’s time for Kid’s Pointe.” Children ages three to 5th grade are invited to attend Kids Pointe (Children’s Church), which is held during the message. A staffed nursery is available during worship. Our teachers and volunteers will greet your kids by the doors of the sanctuary.
What to Expect in Kid’s Pointe
- Children are escorted by teacher and volunteers down the hallway to the Kid’s Pointe area.
- We all gather for an “Introductory” period for approximately five to seven minutes. We currently use this time to learn the same bible stories you are learning in the big church from “The Story.”
- Following the intro, children are placed into two groups, one for preschool-1st grade, and one for 2nd through 5th grade. Each class has a lead teacher. We also have helpers moving about.
Who Teaches in Kid’s Pointe
- We have several loving volunteers, many who teach for a living, teaching your kids.
- Kelli Chappelow, Joan Hetzel, Karen Wells, and Jess VanBuren teach pre-1st grade.
- Scott Brosz, Tony Chappelow, Chris Greenstreet, and Patricia Wingate teach 2nd-5th grade.
- Our helpers include Hannah A, Hannah H, Zoey, Lexie, Michael, and Cheyenne.
- Rest assured all of our volunteers go through a background check to make sure your kids are safe.
- We currently teach from the Heartshaper curriculum – http://heartshaper.com/. HeartShaper classroom-based curriculum is focused on helping kids love God and His Word—and live it out.
- Maybe you feel called to serve at Kid’s Pointe. If so, we have several spots available. You can be a teacher or helper. You can assist with crafts or other projects. Maybe you feel led to organize children events. Or if you are an artist, you can help decorate the room.
- If missions is on your heart, join our PUMP team as we lead Community Cookouts at the Welcome Inn. This opportunity gives us a chance to minister to families and children alike. We need cooks, face painters, game leaders, and servers.
- We are always looking for people to get involved, using the gifts God has given them. There is something for everyone, and everyone is needed. Please pray about your involvement and contact Kelli Chappelow at firstname.lastname@example.org 816-308-7768.